There are 64 reflective regions on the sole of the foot, corresponding to the five viscera and six internal organs of the human body. Since ancient times, there has been a saying in China that "washing your feet every day is better than taking tonic medicine.".
From 7 to 9 pm, the kidney meridian is at its weakest point in terms of Qi and blood, and soaking your feet can just replenish Qi and blood. Don't soak your feet for half an hour after dinner, because after eating, most of the body's blood flows to the digestive system. At this point, when soaking your feet, the blood that should flow to the digestive system will flow to the lower limbs, causing the digestive system to have insufficient power to digest food, leading to indigestion.
"The longer you soak your feet, the better. It's better to have your instep turn red and your body sweat slightly.". The temperature of the feet varies from person to person. The normal temperature of a person is 36 ℃ to 37 ℃, and the water temperature for soaking feet is 2 ℃ to 3 ℃ higher than the normal temperature, which is about 40 ℃. For people with more cocoons on their feet, the water temperature can be appropriately higher; Children have tender skin and low water temperature; For patients with diabetes, because the foot skin is not sensitive, the water temperature should also be lower, too high is likely to cause skin burns.
Enough water should be used for soaking feet. It is best to let the water reach the lower legs, at least up to the ankles.
Explain the health benefits of soaking feet
Benefits of soaking feet at night
1. According to medical explanations, there are many acupuncture points in our body on the soles of the feet, and soaking the feet with hot water can accelerate blood circulation in our body, and can stimulate these acupuncture points to achieve health care effects in our body. Generally speaking, it is advisable to soak the feet at 9 pm, which is the best time to replenish kidney qi.
2. Foot soaking can promote metabolism, strengthen internal circulation, and deliver blood to the extremities of the foot. It can reduce the occurrence of high-risk diseases such as hypertension, heart disease, and stroke.
The temperature of the water should be hot enough, but it won't burn, about 45 degrees Celsius. Add 2 tablespoons of salt to warm water, which has anti-inflammatory, bactericidal, and defecating effects
3. The advantage of soaking feet is that it can promote the blood circulation of the soles of the feet. The soles of the feet of the human body are at the bottom of the body for a long time, and the microcirculation is very inadequate in winter. Soaking feet helps the blood circulation take away the waste in the body and provide nutrients.
Foot soaking can play a role in treating diseases through nerve reflexes. You can adjust the materials for soaking feet according to your condition. You can soak your feet for half an hour each time.
Benefits of Ginger Soaking Feet
1. Ginger soaking in feet to treat colds: Boil a thumb sized piece of ginger with water or soak it in hot water until the water temperature is appropriate (around 40 degrees Celsius) to soak the feet of a cold patient, which can effectively prevent the further development of symptoms and prevent colds. Even for people who don't have a cold, soaking ginger in their feet can also play a role in preventing colds.
2. Ginger soaking in feet to treat rheumatism: Ginger has a special effect of expelling cold and expelling wind. Patients with rheumatism can effectively alleviate symptoms by continuously soaking their feet for half an hour every night. Soaking a wooden bucket over the lower leg can better alleviate symptoms such as rheumatoid arthritis.
3. Ginger soaking feet to reduce cold hands and feet: Ginger can repel cold, and cold hands and feet are mainly caused by insufficient blood supply that cannot reach the end of the body. Ginger soaked feet can effectively improve blood circulation and alleviate the symptoms of cold hands and feet.
4. Ginger soaking feet to improve sleep: Adding an appropriate amount of black vinegar to ginger soaking feet can effectively stimulate plantar acupuncture points, enhance the metabolism of various systems, thereby relaxing the human body, alleviating fatigue, and improving sleep quality.
5. Ginger Soaking Feet for Kidney Care: Ginger Soaking Feet can improve blood supply insufficiency, and with kidney tonifying ingredients, it can play a good role in warming and nourishing the kidney.
6. Ginger soaking feet to delay aging: Kidney aging can lead to aging. Ginger soaking feet can improve qi and blood, maintain kidneys, effectively delay aging, and prolong life.
Taboo of soaking feet
1. The time for soaking feet should not be too long, preferably 15 to 30 minutes. During the process of soaking feet, due to the accelerated blood circulation in the human body, the heart rate is also faster than usual. If the time is too long, it is easy to increase the burden on the heart. In addition, because more blood will flow to the lower limbs, people with weak physiques are prone to feel dizzy due to insufficient blood supply to the brain, and even faint in severe cases. Among them, patients with cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases and the elderly should pay special attention. If they feel chest tightness or dizziness, they should temporarily stop soaking their feet and immediately lie in bed to rest.
2. It is not advisable to soak your feet half an hour after a meal. After eating a meal, most of the blood in the body flows to the digestive tract. If you soak your feet with hot water immediately after eating, the blood that should flow to the digestive system will flow to your lower limbs, which can affect digestion and absorption over time, leading to nutritional deficiencies. Therefore, it is best to wash your feet one hour after eating.