Orchitis is one of the common diseases of male reproductive system, which is caused by the spread of infection of nearby organs. Sudden pain in scrotum, testicular swelling, obvious tenderness, fever, testicular induration, etc. What is the cause of orchitis? What is the classification? How to treat it? All male friends should know.
Four causes of orchitis
1. Low resistance
Young men who are prone to orchitis have a lot to do with their work, study pressure, excessive fatigue and irregular life. At this time, pathogenic bacteria have the opportunity to invade the testicles and become inflamed.
2. Perineal environment is easy to cause urinary tract infection
The front of most men's underwear is double-layer, the penis and scrotum are wrapped together, and the perineum is moist with high temperature for a long time. Bacterial reproduction is easy to cause urinary tract infection and orchitis.
3. Secondary to other urogenital system infections
The most common pathogenic bacteria causing epididymitis are Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus. Most of these bacteria are caused by other inflammation of the urogenital system, enter the epididymis through the vas deferens countercurrent, and then multiply in the epididymis to cause epididymitis. In addition, urethral instrument operation and frequent catheterization are also common inducements of acute orchitis.
4. Bad living habits
Sitting or cycling for a long time can compress the epididymis, thus affecting its blood circulation and prone to inflammation. People who have irregular sexual life, often tolerate ejaculation or have interrupted sexual intercourse are also prone to epididymitis. Excessive drinking and eating a lot of spicy and stimulating food can aggravate the symptoms of prostatitis, and then induce epididymitis.
What are the classification of epididymitis?
(1) Acute epididymitis: the onset is acute, the affected side of the scrotum is distended and uncomfortable, and the pain is obvious, which can spread to the groin area and lower abdomen on the same side, affecting activity, and often accompanied by chills, high fever, and body temperature up to 40 ℃. The epididymis of the affected side was doubled enlarged, and the tenderness was obvious. If it spreads to the testis, the boundary between the testis and epididymis is unclear, which is called epididymitis. When the inflammation is serious, the scrotal skin is red and swollen, the spermatic cord on the same side becomes thick, and there is tenderness.
(2) Chronic spermatitis: The patient has mild symptoms, and has a feeling of scrotal expansion. The pain can be spread to the lower abdomen and the lateral spermatitis on the inner side of the same thigh. The spermatitis on the same side is slightly expanded and hardened, and the vas deferens on the same side with no obvious local pressure become thicker, occasionally with a history of acute attack. If it is bilateral chronic epididymitis, oligospermia can cause infertility.
What are the treatment methods of epididymitis?
Epididymitis is a very common disease in andrology. What kind of anti-inflammatory drugs should be taken for epididymitis? This disease is caused by a variety of bacteria. The condition is generally more complex. In addition to epididymitis itself, it is usually combined with urethritis, prostatitis and even parotitis, and sometimes with secondary hydrocele of the tunica vaginalis.
Experts remind that epididymitis has great differences in the condition, symptoms and treatment due to individual differences. Therefore, comprehensive comprehensive treatment must be carried out to eliminate the inflammation of the epididymis itself and other inflammation of the reproductive system at the same time to achieve the desired effect.
1. Treatment of acute orchitis:
For acute orchitis, appropriate rest and antibiotics and general analgesics should be given. Local hot compress, physical therapy and scrotal strap can support the scrotum. If there is an abscess, incision and drainage are required.
2. Treatment of chronic testitis:
Chronic testitis often coexists with chronic prostatitis. The general treatment measures are the same as those of chronic prostatitis. While treating prostatitis, the symptoms of chronic testitis can be alleviated. The testis induration remains after the healing of the testitis. Sometimes the patient's mental burden is caused by male infertility with blocked sperm output after bilateral epididymitis. The proximal anastomosis of the obstruction of the vas and epididymis can partially solve the problem of sperm drainage, But the pregnancy rate after operation is not high.