Hydrosalpinx is a common gynecological disease with many causes. It is not only important to pay attention to daily prevention, but also to clarify the treatment methods after illness.
The causes of hydrosalpinx
1. Abortion: Abortion includes artificial abortion, natural abortion, drug flow, induced abortion, etc. After abortion, the resistance decreases, and pathogens spread to the fallopian tubes and ovaries in the reproductive tract, causing inflammation of the entire pelvis and fallopian tubes. Adhesion, congestion, swelling and blockage of the fallopian tube wall. That is to say, due to incomplete or untimely treatment of acute salpingitis, it can lead to adhesion of the fallopian tube mucosa, incomplete miscarriage, leaving behind the placenta and causing inflammation. Some individuals with intrauterine devices may develop chronic salpingitis, and long-term inflammatory stimulation can cause the fallopian tubes to thicken, harden, adhere to the lumen, narrow, and adhere at different positions
2. Unclean sexual intercourse: Excessive sexual activity or menstrual intercourse, infection causing salpingitis and fluid accumulation in the fallopian tubes.
3. Pelvic infection: Improper abortion and delivery, attachment (pelvic) infection after delivery or miscarriage or menstruation, adhesion blockage, accumulation of mucosal cell secretion in the lumen, inflammation of the fallopian tubes, adhesion of the isthmus and fimbria, leakage and accumulation of exudate in the fallopian tube cavity
4. Chronic salpingitis: When chronic salpingitis occurs, the fimbriae of uterine tube end closes due to inflammatory adhesion, and the leakage and exudate in the fallopian tube cavity gradually accumulate water. If there is chronic hydrosalpinx, it will also cause the enlargement of the fallopian tube. However, if the end of the fimbriae of uterine tube is partially or completely closed, it will adhere to the surrounding tissues, which will lead to scar adhesion and distortion of the fallopian tube, as well as narrow or closed lumen, which will lead to hydrosalpinx and pus, but if it is pelvic congestion or pelvic effusion or pus. Then the pathological changes will also affect the operation of fertilization or zygote, so it will cause infertility.
5. Pyogenic transformation of fallopian tube: the pus cells and necrotic tissues in the original lumen are cleared by phagocyte after decomposition, and the pus gradually turns into clear water sample. Some cases of hydrosalpinx are not caused by salpingitis, but rather secondary to tubal sterilization surgery.
Prevention of Hydrosalpinx
1. Women should pay attention to their external genitalia and personal hygiene, especially during menstruation. Postpartum recovery for mothers is usually 6 to 8 weeks postpartum, and it is even more important to pay attention to menstrual hygiene. Pay attention to infections from sanitary ware and the bathroom.