Three symptoms of varicocele:
1. Pain: The affected side of the scrotum or testicle will have a sense of bloating or falling pain, the scrotum will have swelling, and the surface of the scrotum will have dilated and tortuous veins. When touching, there will be soft lumps like worms. When lying flat, the symptoms can be alleviated or disappeared.
2. Neurasthenia: patients can have symptoms of neurasthenia, such as headache, fatigue, and nervousness.
3. Testicular atrophy: Many patients with male infertility are caused by varicocele, and severe patients can also cause testicular atrophy.
Prompt: Varicocele is very harmful. Once men find the above symptoms, they should be examined and treated as soon as possible. Don't be careless. If they don't actively treat, it will affect male fertility.
Applicable population for varicocele surgery:
1. The semen examination of infertile men with varicocele was abnormal, but no other diseases that could affect fertility were found after medical history diagnosis and physical examination, and the woman also had no fertility problems. As long as the diagnosis of varicocele is established, it should be operated in time.
2. Severe varicocele with obvious symptoms. The patient may feel the symptoms of scrotal swelling and pain after standing, which affects the quality of daily life. Patients who have not given birth need to be treated, and patients who have given birth need to be operated as long as they have needs.
3. Patients with prostate disease and seminal vesiculitis who have not recovered for a long time advocate surgery. Clinical observation found that the incidence rate of prostatitis and seminal vesiculitis in patients with varicocele increased significantly, twice that of normal people. Therefore, if the above two diseases exist at the same time and the prostate fails to heal for a long time, varicocele surgery is recommended.
4. Mild patients also need surgery when they have symptoms such as testicular narrowing.