Middle-aged and elderly men always feel some discomfort after exercise. Some of them have muscle soreness due to strength and method problems. In this case, middle-aged and elderly friends need not panic. This is a normal physiological manifestation. So, how to self-care for muscle soreness after exercise?
Self-treatment of muscle soreness
Rest can slow down the phenomenon of muscle soreness, promote blood circulation slowly, accelerate the elimination of metabolic products, and eliminate the supply and repair of nutrients in muscle soreness, so that it can return to normal.
Stretching muscles can accelerate muscle relaxation and relieve antagonistic muscles, and help to recover spastic muscles. Perform static stretch exercises on sore areas, keep stretching for 2 minutes, then rest for 1 minute, and repeat. Doing this stretch exercise several times a day can help relieve spasm.
Pat and massage
Massage the sore part to relax the muscle, promote the blood circulation of the muscle, and help repair the injury and relieve the spasm. Of course, self-relaxation therapy can also be carried out, mainly on the back of the neck and limbs, supplemented by the head and chest and abdomen. The specific methods are:
1. Beat the back of the waist: hold your hands into an empty fist, and gently beat the back of the shoulder and the waist. You can also use the beater to alternately pat the shoulders, back, waist and lower limbs. When slapping, pay attention to light back and heavy lower limbs.
2. Massage the leg: repeatedly massage from top to bottom on the front inner side and front outer side of the thigh.
3. Shake legs: standing or sitting, the leg muscles relax and shake, and at the same time, the ankle joint can move up, down, left and right in a circular motion.
4. Separate pushing of Yintang: use your thumbs to push from Yintang acupoint (eyebrow center) to the left and right to the temple, repeat for 8 to 10 times, pause for 5 to 10 seconds between each time, and then separate the five fingers, push and rub from the hairline of your forehead to Baihui acupoint for 5 to 6 times, repeat for 30 times, with an interval of 5 to 10 seconds.
5. Press and knead the chest and abdomen: press and knead the front chest from top to bottom, and repeat for 20 times; Push and knead the abdomen from left to right in a circular way, and repeat it for 20 times.
(Intern editor: Lin Yanjuan)