The cause of male low libido is very complex. All systemic diseases can reduce sexual excitement and lead to low libido. However, in fact, the loss of libido in these patients is only the early manifestation of the disease, and most of them will have other sexual dysfunction.
In fact, men also have menopause, but their performance is not as obvious as that of women. After the age of 50, male testicular function will undergo a process from prosperity to decline. A little attention will find that during this period, the muscle strength will weaken, and psychological depression, depression, irritability, emotional instability, etc. are also prone to occur, as well as decreased libido and sexual dysfunction. However, the decline of sexual desire and sexual dysfunction in menopausal men does not mean permanent loss of sexual function. There are many ways to delay the decline of sexual function.
Men should pay attention to nutrition in their diet and eat more zinc-rich foods, such as oysters and other shellfish, fish and shrimp, beef, eggs and bean products. Now many people are trying to supplement vitamins outside their diet in order to be healthy, but many people may not know that some vitamins are also very helpful to enhance "sexual interest". If you feel that your "sexual interest" is declining, try to supplement the following vitamins:
The main function of vitamin A is to promote protein synthesis. Vitamin A deficiency can affect the production of spermatocytes in testicular tissue, the degeneration of the epithelium of the vas deferens, the weight of the testis, the reduction of the seminal vesicles, and the keratinization of the prostate. If the ovary lacks vitamin A, it will affect the normal secretion of estrogen.
The role of vitamin C is to reduce the agglutination of sperm, which is conducive to semen liquefaction. The genetic gene DNA in sperm sex cells is protected by the antioxidant function of vitamin C. If the genetic gene is destroyed, the sperm fertility will be weakened and infertility will result.
Vitamin E can regulate gonads and prolong sperm life. Vitamin E can improve blood circulation, improve the mobility of capillaries, especially those in the genital area, increase libido and sperm production.
If vitamin B12 is deficient, the concentration of sperm in semen is significantly lower than that of other people, and the production of semen is also less than that of other people, affecting normal sexual function.
For the vast majority of men with low libido, because they are functional, they should adopt psychotherapy based on sexual counseling and guidance.
The principles of psychotherapy are:
(1) To mobilize the subjective initiative of patients, male patients with low libido must have a desire for treatment, which is the key. Therefore, we should care and sympathize with them in terms of language and attitude, so that they can build confidence, clarify the need for treatment, and cooperate well.
(2) The focus of the treatment is to improve the sexual life relationship and coordinate the sexual life of the husband and wife, not just to point out the "sick" and "disease-free" of one party, so as to ensure that the psychotherapy has a reliable emotional basis. Therefore, during the treatment, try to overcome prejudice or incorrect views, eliminate ideological tension and concerns, and pay attention to communication skills between the husband and wife under the guidance of the doctor.
(3) Pay attention to eliminate environmental factors that affect sexual desire.
(4) According to the specific situation of the couple, the psychotherapy plan should be formulated and the principle of gradual progress should be mastered.
(5) Attention should be paid to dredge the cognitive barriers that are not conducive to the sexual life of couples. Those with low sexual desire mistakenly believe that they are not interested in sexual life and cannot participate in sexual activities, which confuses the relationship between sexual acceptance and sexual arousal. Clinical practice has proved that those who lack interest in sexual activities can make positive changes in sexual desire through normal sexual life experience.
(6) Rational use of drugs for systematic treatment. Under the guidance of doctors, taking androgen drugs such as methyltestosterone, testosterone propionate and so on has certain curative effect.