The term "kidney" in traditional Chinese medicine is a comprehensive concept. Firstly, the kidney has the function of constituting the human body and maintaining human life activities, which determines the growth, development, and reproduction of the human body; Secondly, the kidney also plays an important regulatory role in maintaining the metabolism of water in the body; Finally, the kidney also helps coordinate the respiratory function of the lungs, allowing for smooth and deep breathing.
Therefore, when a person experiences developmental delays, insufficient energy and physical strength, decreased sexual function, and fertility disorders, it is important to consider whether the person has kidney deficiency. However, the phenomenon of life is very complex, and these problems are probably not caused by kidney deficiency. If we generalize blindly and tonify the kidney, it can cause a lot of harm to men.
The Evil Effect of Disorderly Tonifying the Kidney
1、 Disrupts the balance of yin and yang in the body.
Kidney tonifying drugs can either tonify yin or yang. Normal people who take them for a long time can disrupt this balance and cause diseases. There may be symptoms of irritability such as dry mouth and tongue, irritability, and acne, as well as problems such as decreased appetite, thick tongue coating, and constipation.
2、 It is easy to use the wrong medicine and worsen the condition.
Kidney deficiency can be divided into kidney yin deficiency and kidney yang deficiency. The clinical manifestations and pathogenesis of the two are different, so when tonifying the kidney, it is necessary to first distinguish between kidney yin deficiency and kidney yang deficiency. If you use drugs to tonify the kidney and strengthen yang due to kidney yin deficiency, it is like adding oil to the fire; If you use drugs to nourish kidney yin due to kidney yang deficiency, it is like adding insult to injury. It not only cannot cure the disease, but also worsens the condition.
Kidney nourishing calisthenics
1. Sit upright with your legs naturally apart, shoulder width apart, hands bent and raised sideways, fingers extended upward, level with your ears. Then, raise your hands up to the extent that your ribs feel a bit affected, and then recover. You can do it three to five times in a row, and you can do it three to five times a day as appropriate. Before performing the movements, it is advisable to relax all over the body. Inhale when lifting both hands, exhale when recovering, and do not use excessive force or force. This action can activate muscles and bones, unblock meridians, and restore Qi to the elixir field. It has a relieving effect on the elderly, weak, and short of breath.
2. Sit upright, bend your left arm on your legs, bend your right arm on your elbows, palm up, and do a parabolic motion 3 to 5 times. When doing the parabolic action, throw your hand upwards. The action can be slightly faster. Inhale when throwing your hand upwards, and exhale when recovering. This action has the same effect as the first action.
3. Sit upright, with your legs naturally sagging, and slowly rotate your body from side to side for 3-5 times. Then, swing your feet forward for more than 10 times, depending on your physical strength, as appropriate. When performing movements, relax your entire body, and the movements should be natural and gentle. When rotating your body, keep your torso upright, not prone. This action can move the waist and knees, benefit the kidney and strengthen the waist. Frequently practicing this action can exercise the waist and knees, which is beneficial to the kidney.
4. Sit upright, loosen your belt, undress, rub your hands hot, place them between your waist, and rub them up and down until your waist feels hot. This method can warm the kidney and strengthen the waist. There are Mingmen points in the governor meridian at the waist, as well as Shenshu, Qihai shu, and Dachang shu points in the Foot Sun Bladder Meridian. After rubbing, it can feel the whole body heat, and has the effects of warming the kidney and strengthening the waist, relaxing tendons, and promoting blood circulation.
5. Bring your feet together, cross your hands and raise your head, then bend over, touch the ground with both hands, then squat down, embrace your knees with both hands, and silently say "blow" without making a sound. In this way, it can be done continuously for more than 10 times.