Vulvar eczema is a common gynecological disease that has a serious impact on patients after illness. Timely examination and treatment, especially early treatment and rehabilitation, are also key factors after illness.
The hazards of external genital eczema
1. The acute phase mainly manifests as severe itching and diffuse redness of the external genitalia, with multiple forms of skin damage without obvious boundaries.
2. Accompanying itching can lead to secondary vaginal infection after scraping, with local redness and small pus spots appearing in individual rash centers.
3. There is lichen like sclerosis with clear boundaries, and the surface often has furfural like scales. Contact with hard or wet scabs can cause dry cracking in severe cases, with pain during movement, blood scabs and pigmentation, and the skin appears brown or pigmentation has fallen off.
4. Female genital eczema often occurs in the labia minora and sulcus of the genitalia. The course of the disease is variable, the onset is irregular, the symptoms are not obvious, and itching occurs during sleep and mental stress.
5. Skin lesions: Eczema in the external genitalia causes deep wrinkles, hypertrophy, and hardness of the affected skin, causing spots, dandruff, and even erosion.
6. Prolonged repetition: This disease is prone to recurrence and difficult to cure, which has a significant impact on the patient's psychology.
Treatment methods for external genital eczema
1. General treatment: in general treatment, the cause should be investigated as far as possible to block the allergens and various adverse stimuli, such as dyspepsia, intestinal parasites, diabetes, psychosis and neurological abnormalities. Keep the perineum clean and dry, do not use soap to clean skin damage, and do not apply irritating antipruritic drugs. Avoid various protein allergenic foods such as excessive fatigue and mental stress.
2. Local treatment: Local treatment is the main method in the acute phase, using physiological saline to cool and wet. Apply zinc oxide paste when the erythema, blisters, and exudation are not obvious. When there is no exudate or pustule, when cleaning with phenol containing calamine lotion and obvious exudation, use a 3% boric acid solution 1:8000-1:5000 potassium manganese oxide solution to cool and wet the eroded surface. It should be anti-inflammatory. When selecting compound copper sulfate solution to clean secondary bacterial and fungal infections that have anti-corrosion convergence, corresponding antibacterial and antifungal ointments can be selected, such as 0.5% neomycin ointment
Precautions for the treatment of external genital eczema
1. The partners must adopt a method of removing itching tissue, and if the spouse also has this situation, they must be treated together. Otherwise, even if it's okay, you can still be infected again, but you can't take medication yourself. Please use under the guidance of a doctor.