Pruritus of the external genitalia is a common gynecological phenomenon, which seriously affects the patient's life and body. While clarifying its harm, reasonable prevention must be carried out through daily life details.
Harm of external genital itching
1. Can cause other inflammations: If symptoms of vulvitis are not actively treated, it can also be secondary to other local or systemic diseases, such as cervicitis, vaginitis, cervical cancer, etc. The stimulation of increased secretion, excessive menstrual blood, and lochia can stimulate gynecological diseases. What are the symptoms of gynecological diseases
2. Impact on pregnancy: In patients with severe vulvitis, a large number of white blood cells in the sexual secretion engulf sperm, consume energy substances in semen, reduce sperm motility, shorten the survival time of sperm, and reduce the pregnancy rate. It is recommended to conceive after the inflammation is cured.
3. There is a possibility of cancer transformation: When suffering from acute vulvitis, sexual intercourse not only exacerbates the patient's pain, but also promotes the spread of inflammation and causes secondary infections. Direct or indirect contact between the skin and mucous membranes can lead to sexual infections such as genital warts, genital herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis, soft prickly heat, trichomonas, and fungal infections. Persistent vulvar inflammation that persists for a long time requires high vigilance against the possibility of vulvar cancer. According to statistics, 40% of cases of vulvar cancer develop from vulvitis and mostly occur in middle-aged and elderly women, with unimaginable outcomes.
4. Impact on quality of life: When external genital itching occurs, it not only affects the work, life, and sleep of female friends, but also seriously affects their marital life, resulting in marital incompatibility.
Prevent itching of the external genitalia
1. Pay attention to clothing style: Underwear and underwear should be kept clean, soft and loose, preferably made of cotton cloth, and chemical fiber clothing should not be worn.
2. Diet should be adjusted: Pay attention to adjusting gastrointestinal function, and avoid smoking, alcohol, chili peppers, strong tea, coffee, and other stimulating foods such as fresh vegetables and soy products that are light and rich in vitamins for smooth bowel movements.
3. Maintain air circulation and avoid being too dry: the indoor temperature is 16 ℃ -20 ℃, and the relative humidity is 30% -40%. When the relative humidity is below 20%, the indoor air is too dry and sensitive substances such as dust are prone to flying. Therefore, by sprinkling water on the ground, people with conditions can use a humidifier.
4. If itching occurs, do not scratch randomly: People with sensitive skin should not only reduce their activity appropriately, but also pay attention not to take showers too frequently and the water temperature should not be too high, otherwise the sebum on the surface of the skin will be washed off, making the skin more dry and prone to itching. After bathing, apply 30% to 50% glycerol on the body surface. In addition, in order to prevent proliferative changes in epidermal cells, they become rough and thick, resulting in a vicious cycle of scratching and itching.