Can I take medicine during menstruation? Can you take cold medicine during menstruation
Can you take medicine during your period? Menstrual period is a specific period when many women feel unwell physically and mentally. During this period, women's mood is also very unstable. So, can you take medicine during your menstrual period? The small side below will introduce you in detail.
Can I take medicine during menstruation?
It is best for women to use medicine cautiously during menstruation. Drugs used for external use, hormone drugs, thyroid preparations, weight loss drugs, anticoagulants, hemostatic drugs, laxatives and other drugs used to treat gynecological infectious diseases shall not be taken. If you have a cold, if necessary, you can choose the appropriate medicine according to the doctor's advice.
1. Local medication to treat gynecological infectious diseases: lotion, vaginal tablets, pills, suppositories, capsules, etc. Treatment of vaginal trichomonas or fungal infections should be suspended. Because the uterine mucosa is congested during menstruation and the uterine mouth is open, it is easy to cause bacterial infection.
2. Hormone drugs: The synthesis and metabolic balance of human hormones are related to the menstrual cycle of women, so hormone drugs cannot be used during menstruation to avoid losing balance. For example, androgen can cause menstrual disorder and inhibit ovulation; Progesterone can cause breast pain or irregular vaginal bleeding; Oral contraceptives can cause breast pain; Adrenocorticoids can cause amenorrhea or abdominal distension.
Thyroid preparation: can cause menstrual disorder, fear of heat, sweating, arrhythmia, weight loss and other symptoms.
4. Weight loss pills: Weight loss pills contain ingredients that inhibit appetite, such as menstruation, which can lead to menstrual disorders, changes in sexual desire, polyuria or dysuria, or anxiety, palpitation, mental tension, etc.
5. laxatives: The volume laxatives in the laxatives such as magnesium sulfate can stimulate the intestinal wall and cause pelvic congestion. It is forbidden to use during menstruation. Other drugs such as gastrointestinal motility drugs should also be used with caution or avoided.
6. Anticoagulants: In order to prevent the increase of uterine bleeding, anticoagulants such as coumarin and some traditional Chinese medicine thrombolytic preparations should be avoided during menstruation.
7. Hemostatic drugs: This drug can reduce the permeability of capillaries, promote the contraction of capillaries, and may lead to dysmenorrhea. In addition, traditional Chinese medicine or traditional Chinese patent medicines and simple preparations with strong hemostatic effect should be carefully used.
Can you take cold medicine during menstruation?
Cold medicine contains a large number of hormone components, which will affect women's endocrine and is very harmful to women's health. Therefore, female experts suggest that women should not take cold medicine during menstruation, because they should not take drugs that promote blood circulation and eliminate sludge. If the cold is not very serious, you can choose physical therapy, such as drinking more water, taking more vitamin C, and taking more rest, which can relieve the symptoms of the cold. Or use traditional Chinese medicine treatment. Of course, if you use traditional Chinese medicine treatment, symptomatic treatment, see what kind of cold they belong to, such as drinking ginger water, eating more sweat food, massage, these are common methods of treating diseases in traditional Chinese medicine.